2 Days – 1 night. 6,7km round trip.
2-7 people. Big groups contact by email.
EASY. 412m elevtion gain.
July – Sept.
WHAT YOU´LL SEE
Waterfalls, creeks, lakes, mountains peaks.
If you’re looking for a straight-forward but mind-blowing hike then Semaphore Lakes is the adventure for you! After finding our way through the forest we’ll stumble upon our first lake which is a favored spot for camping due to a secret spot nearby!
Pushing forward on the trail we’ll be able to the full glory of Locomotive Mountain and start sizing it up for tomorrows summit. Continuing over rocky terrain we will find a few great spots for one of my greatest passions, mushroom picking continued by another lake, after another!
This adventure is not so challenging, but nonetheless it is still a great opportunity to learn and immerse yourself in nature. We will be quite exposed to the sun in parts of the trail so be sure to bring some sunscreen and shades!
YOUR ADVENTURE IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!
SEMAPHORE LAKESBackpacking - Overnight
- Transport – meals – material incluided
- 5% tax not incluided.
- See below for full details.
- Meet at Parking Lot behind Broadway City Hall Skytrain station at 6:30AM.
- Short presentation on Safety, Security & Gear.
- Transfer to trail head where the adventure begins. Approx 2 hour journey.
- Begin Hike, First stop will be at the end of the forest for a snack / rest.
- Continue hike via lake and soak in view of Locomotive Peak.
- Setup tents and organize camp as a team.
- Relax! Time to play some group dynamic games among the nature and watch the sunset.
- Prepare camp dinner as a team.
- Retire to our tents for the evening.
- Wake up to the sunrise.
- Camp breakfast.
- Summit Locomotive Mountain.
- Pack up camp with the environment in mind; what we bring we take back!
- Start descent back to vehicle to receive a surprise gift.
- Commence return journey to Vancouver.
- Arrival at Broadway City Hall. Approx 6:00PM.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and Snacks are included.
- Important: please advice us if you have any allergies or intolerance in the form provided.
- Meals will be varied and nutritious to provide adequate sustenance for the activities.
- Food will be distributed on day 1 to carry in our packs.
- If you would like to bring additional food that no problem, remember that you have to carry it all though!
- My partner and our master cook Mariva will make sure your taste buds are fully satisfied!
- We will provide high performance and ultralight, two person tents for sleeping and the sleeping mat.
- Cooking equipment including stove, pots & pans, cutlery, dishes, glasses and utensils will be provided by us.
- We do not provide sleeping bags, roll or pillows. They can be rented at MEC if you do not have one available for use.
- A full and detailed list of kit will be provided, along with our guidance and support.
- Transportation to and from the location of our adventure.
- Camping permits.
- High performance, ultralight tents and sleeping mats.
- Snacks, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Cooking equipment
- Water filter
- First aid kit
WHAT TO BRING
- Backpack (50Ltr capacity recommended).
- Sleeping bag
- Hiking boots.
- Water bottle.
- Personal Clothing.
- Personal sanitary items.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE.
- Dinner for day two.
- Positive vibes
- I´ll provide you a full checking list.
ROCKY MOUNTAINS TRIP
HAVE FUN EXPLORING
We will not only dedicate ourselves to walking but we will carry out workshops, challenges, challenges, an evening under the stars and much more but for this you will have to discover it …
CONTACT US AND LET’S START EXPLORING
You’re one step away from beginning you adventure! Please fill in the form below with the information requested and include the approximate dates of when you would like to go.. I will contact you very soon to start planning and preparing for you expedition.
I am looking forward to meeting you adventurer!