CANADIAN ROCKY MOUNTAINS
Avoid mass tourism and live an epic hiking-camping-road trip in the Canadian Rockies.
15 JUL / 22 JUL 2023
1 SEPT / 8 SEPT 2023
5 - 8 PEOPLE
THIS TRIP COULD BE YOUR MOST MEMORABLE TRAVEL-HIKING EXPERIENCE
This is not just any trip, this is an exclusive adventure for 5-7 persons who are willing to push their limits and immerse themselves into the full experience of nature. We will treat every day of this 8 days trip as if it was our last, taking full advantage of the authentic Canadian Rockies. Our journey will take us around 2300KM on this non-stop adventure. We will have the opportunity to visit vast lakes, bask in the glory of towering water falls, enjoy fresh water, crackling bonfires and mountain camping.. not to mention visiting as many other incredible sites that our feet can carry us to!
Cooperation, teamwork and most of all comradeship are fundamental parts of this group expedition and I’d like to show everybody what it’s like to live 100% inside the adventure. I’d like to share my world travel experiences and stories with you, along with my passion for moving around with just a tent and small back pack and hope that you can feel the enjoyment of nature in its purest form.
This adventure is not offered by any travel agency, its something completely unique. Disconnect from the cell phone and switch off your laptop, listen to the breeze and get ready to share an unforgettable experience with unknown people.7
Each day will have a bespoke adventure and all you need to worry about is bringing your willingness and the best attitude.
1. CANADIAN ROCKY MOUNTAINS EXPEDITION.
HIKING. We are going to discover the most beautiful hidden gems in the Rocky Mountains.
TEAMWORK CAMPING. We will enjoy 7 nights of camping, cooking together, getting to know each other, and much more.
WHITEWATER RAFTING. Experience an unforgettable outdoor adventure.
SUNSETS. You have to live it to be able to feel what is hidden behind some incredible views
WILDLIFE. I cannot guarantee which animals we will see, but surely nature surprises us.
GAMES, DYNAMICS AND CHALLENGES. During the trip I will propose different games and challenges that will surprise you.
2. THIS TRIP IS FOR YOU IF…
We will start as a group and end as a family.
1. You want to share a different experience with a group of unknown people and live an unforgettable experience.
2. You are a positive person willing to live a 100% adventure.
3. You are willing to challenge your limits, and help others. One day you will be the leader and you will have to manage the group.
4. You are a person who adapts easily to changes, as well as being proactive.
5. You like hiking or you are starting and you are looking for new challenges with new friends.
6. You will not mind sharing a camping tent, cooking with people and living and learning the experience of camping.
3. SCARED OF HEIGHTS? NOT IN SHAPE?... DON'T WORRY. TRAIL OF A TRAVELLER TRAINING CLUB
Trail of a traveler welcomes and encourages people of all fitness levels and experience so we’ve put together The Trail of a Traveler Training Club!
If you feel like you’re not ready for such a big adventure then we can train together for 2 months running up to the trip to make sure you’re in the best shape possible.
4. WHO ACCOMPANIES YOU ON THIS ADVENTURE?
Traveler, adventurer and creator of unique experiences with unique people.
Pablo founder of trail of a traveler and creator of experiences that connect people with nature and with each other, getting the best out of them and making these travel experiences an unforgettable memory.
I love traveling, nature and meeting people, I wanted to combine my three passions to create unique and different trips.
I am in charge of coordinating the trip, designing it and choosing the people for these adventures. I am responsible for keeping the group together from start to finish.
I am a person who cares about your well-being throughout the trip, you will always have me there no matter what.
5. WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP UNIQUE?
I am only going to tell you a few details, this may seem strange, but in the end, travelers appreciate it at the end of the trip.
1. The trip is fully planned by me, there may be changes or decisions that we will make as a group. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY TRIP IS NOT THE DESTINATION, IT IS THE GROUP AND ITS COMMITMENT.
2. The success of the trip lies in the power and unity of the group. If you want to participate in this adventure you have to give your 100%. As a coordinator of the trip, I will take care of creating a positive enviroment to enjoy as much as possible.
3. Meet people with the same mindset who will become friends forever.
4. This is not a traditional trip. We do not have schedules and we have total freedom to make our decisions. If you have something to say share it with the group, we will be a family.
5. Every day I will choose two people to be responsible for the menus, games and much more.
WE TRAVEL IN AN AUTHENTIC WAY WITH A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO DON’T KNOW EACH OTHER AND WHEN THE TRIP STARTS YOU DON’T WANT IT TO END.
DAY 1 VANCOUVER - WELLS GRAY PROVINCIAL PARK
On the first day of our adventure we will meet at the Broadway City Hall station parking lot where we will depart at 6AM. From this moment on we will become a family lead by myself, but not for too long as you will each need to be prepared to take the reigns as group leader in the upcoming days. We will set our compass north east towards Clearwater via Hope where we will stop to explore the abandoned route of Ladner Creek Trestle. Just outside Clearwater we will setup camp at Pinegrove Campground where we will settle in around a campfire fire to cook and nurture our team dynamic for the next day.. This will be vital!
DAY 2 CLEARWATER - MOUNT ROBSON
This is where our adventure really begins as we wake at the crack of dawn to take full advantage of the day ahead. After breakfast and packing up camp we will head toward Wells Gray Provincial Park to find three spectacular waterfalls, the chances of us also seeing black bears here are extremely high if not a guaranteed. In the afternoon we will go to Mount Robson and stop to soak up the majesty of this incredible mountain. From here we will continue on foot to our campsite on the mountain where two days of beautiful hiking awaits us.. Along with a few other surprises along the way!
DAY 3 MOUNT ROBSON - JASPER
Awaking in the fresh mountain air at camp and filling ourselves with a hearty breakfast organized by our leader.. Hoping that they choose wisely so hunger doesn’t set in on the hike ahead! We will walk onward to visit some spectacular water falls and Kinney Lake. Making sure we save enough energy and encouragement to descend back to the car and head towards Jasper to camp up for the night. You’ll be ready for a shower, good food and some relaxation around the bonfire after this tough day so we’ll take the opportunity to prepare ourselves for the next day of adventure ahead!
DAY 4 JASPER - WATER RAFTING - COLUMBIA ICEFIELD
The alpine town of Jasper is one of the most famed and beautiful towns in the Rockies with many activities to keep us occupied. WATER RAFTING is one of the most enjoyable outdoor sports. After our activity we will drive along the most beautiful highway in all of North America, stopping at different viewpoints.
DAY 5 LAKE LOUISE - MORAINE LAKE - SENTINEL PASS
We will head south towards Lake Louise with a few stops on the way to see more awe-inspiring spots! Moraine Lake and Lake Louise are incredible places. We will hike one of the most beautiful hikes around this area Sentinel Pass Let’s hope it’s open! Our camp spot for the night will be overlooking the electric blue waters of Emerald Lake, just west of Lake Louise. Here we will enjoy more campfire fun and a good night sleep.
DAY 6 EMERALD LAKE - TAKAKKAW FALLS - GLACIER NATIONAL PARK
Unfortunately, the end of our trip is now fast approaching but this isn’t goodbye just yet! Exploring the surroundings of the crystal clear Emerald Lake in Yoho National Park. After a little drive and a small hike (of course!), We will have to take a moment to admire the simple beauty of Canada’s second-largest waterfalls, It’s incredible. From here we head west toward Glacier National Park.
DAY 7 GLACIER NATIONAL PARK
My favourite National Park in the canandian Rockies, be ready to hike and enjoy one of the most beautiful views ever. Our last night is alway very special, too many surprises.
DAY 8 GLACIER NATIONAL PARK - VANCOUVER
Driving to Vancouver, and very sad we have to say see you soon¡
INSCRIPTION TRIP (MY SERVICES) 1749 CAD
What does this Service include?
– Parking permits and the entrance of all the national parks.
– 7 nights camping.
– Spacious Passenger Van
– My services as accompanying guide and coordinator of the entire experience.
– Interpretive certified hiking guide rocky mountains.
– Online training during two months
– Organization and preparation of the entire adventure.
– Participation in the adventure Rocky Mountains Hiking-trip during the days of the trip, in a particular style of travel.
– Creation of an unforgettable group of totally unknown people, who get along, who fit in, and who become friends in record time.
– Pre-trip help with all the paperwork and any questions you may have.
– Access the Telegram group or Whatsapp to meet and be in contact with the other groupmates.
– Design and preparation of dynamics that give the adventure a special touch.
– Trail of a Traveller provide Tents – sleeping pad – cooking gear – awning –cooler – bbq – chairs.
– PDF in checklist format with everything you need for the adventure and what to carry in your backpack.
OTHER EXPENSES 510 CAD
Expenses during the trip
- Water Rafting 110$
- Food. We will go all together to buy the food and we will split the amount among the group. Approx 200$
- Gasoline. We will split the cost of the gasoline among the group. Approx 200$
- Travel Insurance
- Alcohol or personal shopping
- Guide tips.
FLIGHTS NOT INCLUDED
The trip starts in the city of Vancouver, I will help you arrange flights to get here. Each participant is responsible for purchasing his or her own tickets. We usually get together one day and buy them all at the same time.
THE TOTAL PRICE OF THIS EXPERIENCE TRIP IS: 2259CAD + FLIGHTS
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
FILL OUT THE FORM
Click on the form that appears. Fill it out, and be honest. Tell me why you want to join one of my experiences
The key moment. Once I have read your form, we will have a phone call where we will get to know each other and see if you are the right person to join one of the expeditions.
I will call you personally to let you know if you have been selected or not.
Is there a minimum group size for this trip?
This trip will require a minimum of 5 persons and a maximum of 8 people. In case the group is not formed, don’t worry, I will refund the full amount of your reservation.
Are there any other travel dates?
The dates indicated are fixed. There is no guarantee that there will be more other dates or if the destination will be repeated.
How do I know if I will fit into the group of people?
This is one of my responsibilities as a trip coordinator. I am in charge of choosing the right people to form the best possible team. My advice is to be the way you are. Be aware that you come with other people, give your 100% to the group and be the best of yourself with other people.
How does the transportation works?
Once the group is complete, I will coordinate the best possible way to go to the Canadian Rockies. I will rent a nice passenger van if the group is over 5 persons. We share the gas among the group.
How does online training work?
I will send you a weekly exercise plan and we will have zoom sessions for two months. You will be ready for the challenge.
Do you have any more questions?
If you have more questions do not hesitate to contact me by email – whatsapp or call me directly.
Can I make the same trip on my own?
Of course you can make the trip on your own, but it’s a different thing if you will live the experience with the group of people that you dont know and who will become your family.
What are the accommodations like?
We are going to sleep 7 nights at a campsite. I will provide you with tents and a mat to rest on. The sleeping bag is important as it is very personal gear, you can either bring your own or rent from me.
Where and what are we going to eat and cook?
Trail of a traveller provides all cooking utensils, we will do it at the campsite. Two people will be responsible for the menus each day. We will go shopping together and decide as a group what to cook.
What are the gear-checklist on this trip?
Once the group is formed I will send a checklist with all the detailed information about what we need for our trips. I warn you that it is better to bring what you ONLY need for the trip.
Do I need a hiking experience?
You dont need a hiking experience. As a hiking guide, one of my responsabilities is to help you to get the hiking goal. It is recommended to have a good physical condition, we are walking 5/6 hours some days.
Is there an age limit for this trip?
At least 18 years old or older, everyone is welcome in my trips.